Oh Snap! Armchair BEA Instagram Challenge
We are so excited to announce our Armchair BEA Instagram Challenge topics for this year, or the “Oh Snap! ArmchairBEA Instagram Challenge” as it is now “officially” known.
But first, some ground rules:
- Make sure you’re following @ArmchairBEA on Instagram (clicking the link should take you right to our page!) and that you are a registered Armchair BEA participant (it’s not too late to join!)
- Tag every challenge photo with both @ArmchairBEA and the daily hashtag (#) *If you don’t tag @ArmchairBEA and use the daily hashtag (#), we won’t know you posted, or for what daily challenge you posted it for. We aren’t going to play guessing games!
- Daily challenge winners will be chosen at 10pm (Eastern) and notified by email.
- If you are a winner, please follow the steps in your notification email.
- If you are not a winner, do not despair, just try again the next day!
- Be creative and have fun!
Ok, now the fun stuff! Get your iPhones, Droids, cameras, scanners, tablets and whatever else you might use to take pictures ready! Here are your daily topics, with examples from our lovely Oh Snap! committee members!
MONDAY: To kick off the “Oh Snap! Armchair BEA Instagram Challenge”, our first topic is #MyArmchair! Snap a pic of your armchair, bed, couch, hammock, floating pool chair, beanbag or wherever you like to read the most to share with the group!
Yes, Amanda's ArmchairBEA space is shared with these two monkeys.
(So if this were posted on Instagram, you would say: “Hey @ArmchairBEA, here’s #MyArmchair!”
TUESDAY: OMG, better take a #Shelfie! Share with us your bookshelves, TBR piles, book stack, etc.
Top of shelf: Old cameras and Amanda's acceptance letter to Hogwarts...
Top row: All Harry Potter, all the time
Middle Row: Robert Sabuda pop-up books
Bottom row: Keepers.
Other shelves, drawers and table tops: Amanda's TBR piles.
Jasmine's #shelfie -- She finally took the leap and organized her books by color earlier this year! (Can you tell which shelves are her husband’s? Hehe.)
WEDNESDAY: Receipts, grocery lists, report cards, ribbons, gum wrappers, oh my! What is your #CurrentBookmark?
Old receipt from the library
THURSDAY: It’s #ABEAThrowBackThursday! Take a picture of your favorite book as a child, or if you are lucky enough to have access to the photo, share a picture of your younger self reading.
Amanda @ age 2 ½. Always stylish with the Jackie O glasses and binky...
Book dominoes with some of my classroom books!
SATURDAY: It’s time to say goodbye to everyone in New York and here at Armchair BEA Headquarters and head home. Show some local pride and share the awesome place you call home. Today’s topic is #WhereIArmchairFrom.Check our Instagram feed often throughout the week as we will be reposting and making collages of our favorite pics and daily winners!