Five years ago, Armchair BEA started out as a small event thrown together by a team of bloggers that were not able to attend Book Expo America. Over the next four years, the event has grown to include hundreds of bloggers participating and hundreds of giveaways thanks to our amazing sponsors. It has been a very exciting four years, and we want to see the excitement continue.
This year will be the fifth annual Armchair BEA and we need your help to pull this event off. Here is a breakdown of what an ideal full team would entail . . .
- Sponsor Chair & Team (2-3): Solicit sponsors and coordinate list of prizes; works closely with Prize Team.
- Participant Coordinator (1): Create and maintain registration document; post list of participants on the site.
- Prize Team (2-3): Work with the Sponsor Team to assign and award daily prizes and special giveaways; draw winners and announce on site.
- Agenda Coordinator (1): Daily Topics, Guest Articles, Special Announcements
- Instagram Challenge Coordinator (1): Set daily themes, draw daily winners and send to Prize Team for announcement.
- Social Media Coordinator (1-2): Maintain Twitter and Facebook accounts, answering questions and interacting with participants; organize Twitter parties; work with Prize Team for Twitter party giveaways.
- Commenting Committee (2-3): Solicit commenting volunteers/cheerleaders; oversee commenting throughout the week of the event; draw commenting volunteers for daily giveaways (pass on to Prize Team).
- International Committee (2-3): Must be outside of the US to bring in an international perspective - can include the assistance of finding international sponsors, writing guest articles to appear the week of the event, etc.
- On-site Correspondents (2-3): Interact with sponsors and post special sponsors as needed; take pictures/video throughout the event and post on a daily basis; blogger interaction.
If you are interested in joining the team, please complete the form below by February 15, 2014. We will be in contact with you shortly afterwards to discuss opportunities with you.