Instead of interviewing one blogger and being interviewed by another, we decided that the best way to encourage meeting as many bloggers as possible would be to run individual interviews and then have a little game. In other words, you will be interviewing yourself and then visiting and leaving comments with as many other bloggers as possible. Who knows? There might even be a fun prize for the "winner".
In order to even the playing field, we also thought it would be a good idea to provide the interview questions and limiting the questions answered to five. That way, everyone has to answer the same number of questions. This thereby ensures that the posts are all relatively the same length, again encouraging visiting others. Also, because the meet-and-greet is the quintessential part of any get-together, and to encouraging ongoing networking throughout the week, Introductions First is going to be the opening event of Armchair BEA 2012. Makes sense, right?
Without further ado, here are ten interview questions for you. All we ask is that you answer five of them and spend the rest of the time meeting others. After all, getting to know one another is the most important part of this process! We will have a Mr. Linky for your personal interview up for Day 1, and the comment sections will help us determine who has visited and left comments with the most bloggers. Please let us know if you have any questions between now and the opening event. Most importantly, have fun!
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
- Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
- What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
- Where do you see your blog in five years?
- Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
- If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
- What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
- What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
- Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?