Today is the day of the Book Blogger Convention, so in conjunction with that event Armchair BEA will also put the focus on the “blog” portion of “book blog.” There are lots of things you could post about today - here are just a few to get you thinking:
- How do you utilize social networking in relation to your blog? What may be the pros and cons of doing so?
- Share some of your favorite blogging technical tips.
- Create a "rule list" of things you should and shouldn't be doing on a book blog.
- What are your tips for balance life and blogging?
- What genre do you blog about and why?
- How do you keep your blog fresh and interesting to your readers & yourself?
- There are quite a few book blogging events out there. Which are your favorites and why? How do they affect your blog directly?
Still not sure what to post about? Why not try taking a look at a few of these sites and sharing some of the tips you learned or the best posts you read?
- Bloggiesta -
Natasha at Maw Books hosts a bi-annual event called "Bloggiesta" that's centered around fine-tuning your blog. Primarily a book blog related event, anyone who's interested in making their blogging home a bit better is welcome to participate. Be warned, you may easily become overwhelmed, just take it a step at a time. Take a look at the most recent happening of Bloggiesta in January or click here for a link to a listing of all the posts from Bloggiesta.
- Book Blogging 101 -
Parajunkee's View is not only a fantastic book blog, but also a great resource for bloggers. Rachel is a web-designer/book blogger who has been offering up her knowledge for free to bloggers once a week. Just click on her Book Blogging 101 tab for tips & tricks on anything from html to gaining followers to writing reviews.
- Design It Up! -
Kate from The Neverending Shelf has had a feature for some time now where she offers tips on how to do various types of html coding. From creating your own blockquotes to setting up Google Alerts for your blog, there's bound to be something to pick up from her fantastic blog!
- Blogging Tips at the Book Blog Ning
- Problogger Blog Tips
Perhaps none of this helps and you'd just like to put a few questions out there for others to answer. By all means, do it! This is the perfect chance to share and learn!